Australia has a world class educational system, and choosing to study in Australia is an excellent decision for your future employment prospects, offering you first world qualifications to help you reach your full career potential. Studying in Australia is also a great way to experience the unique Aussie lifestyle while gaining new skills.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to:
- be at least 6 years old (if you are under 18, you will need to show that you have certain living arrangements in place);
- have been offered a place in a registered course lasting for at least four months at an Australian educational institution;
- have relevant English language skills;
- have sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, travel expenses and living costs for the duration of your stay; and
- have taken out health insurance for the duration of your stay.
These requirements may vary depending on the institution you will be studying at.
The Application Process
When you apply for a student visa, you'll need to prove that you meet the above eligibility requirements through documentation and other supporting evidence. You may also be required to attend an interview, provide a police clearance, and/or provide biometric information, which is information that is unique to you, such as a fingerprint or a facial recognition scan. Pathway's friendly team are here to guide you through the entire process, from helping you submit the most appropriate evidence, to simply being a friendly face when you land in Australia.
Your Obligation-Free Appraisal
If you're interested in studying in Australia, then as soon as you have identified a course you're interested in, speak to the Pathway team for a free appraisal of your circumstances.