As the name suggests, this is a visa for married partners and de facto partners of Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents. A Partner visa allows you to enter and remain permanently in Australia.
To obtain a Partner visa, you must:
- be in a married or de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident;
- have been in that relationship for at least 12 months; and
- the relationship must be valid under Australian law (this means that if you or your partner are aged 16 or 17, you must be able to provide evidence of parental permission).
Assisting Your Application
Because Partner visas are the most often fraudulently obtained visa, there are numerous onerous legal requirements associated with your application for this visa. Pathway's legal and migration specialists will help you ensure you properly satisfy all of these requirements, including the most important requirement of proving a 'valid' relationship. Our legal qualifications also enable us to:
- properly assess the circumstances of your personal relationship;
- advise on the status of your relationship under Australian law, which can be significantly different from South African law; and
- advise and assist you in providing the most appropriate evidentiary material supporting your relationship to the Australian government.
Your Obligation-Free Appraisal
The demanding relocation process is difficult enough on a relationship. To make the process as seamless as possible, and to lessen the emotional exhaustion, contact Pathway for a free and friendly appraisal of your circumstances.