Why should I use a migration agent? Can I do my visa application myself?
Emigrating to Australia can be a complex and costly process. There’s so much riding on your application you want to make sure that you get it right.
Can I do the application myself?
You can select, prepare and submit your visa application yourself, however, it’s not a simple process. There are over 100 different subclasses of visas, which means it can be challenging to just understand which one is the right one for you.
Within each visa subclass, there is a range of requirements and documents that you will be required to include with your application. If you make a mistake or omit an important document it could slow down the approval of your visa or even result in it being rejected. This can make the process even more costly, that’s why it’s important to get the process done right the first time.
How can a migration agent help?
A registered migration agent (RMA) has professional qualifications and experience with selecting, preparing and submitting visa applications. In Australia, all migration agents must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). A MARA agent can provide you with immigration services and help you navigate the process in the most efficient way because they:
- Have knowledge and experience in immigration law and procedure
- Are required to act in a professional and timely manner
- Are bound by a code of conduct
- Have undergone rigorous checks to make sure they have integrity and are fit and proper to assist you.
While it may cost you more to use a MARA agent, they may save you a lot of time and money in the long-run. Often the benefit of using a skilled RMA only becomes apparent when it's too late and the visa has been rejected. It is best not to gamble on your future.
An RMA can help you by:
- Explaining your visa options
- Recommending the right visa for you
- Assisting you in your skills assessment process
- Preparing your visa application
- Lodging your application and all your documents
- Speaking to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship on your behalf to resolve any questions they may have.
At Pathway Legal & Migration Agents, our advisors are registered with MARA. If you would like assistance with migrating to Australia contact our friendly team for comprehensive and cost-effective advice.